Thursday, March 13, 2014

dreams and a few updates

I've had this bookmark a long time. I'm pretty sure I bought it at the end of high school - maybe when I was reading Twilight? That was right before my senior year of high school. The time that I finally decided, wow, reading is awesome. (I didn't read a single thing I was supposed to read in high school, except Our Town, which is to this day my favorite play. Maybe I should've taken a hint. Anyway.)

This bookmark has been in every book I've read since then, and it's been crucial in my life. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you have imaged."

This will always be my favorite quote, but part of me wants to change it a little now. Live the life You have imaged. I have a great life imaged for myself - I'm the lead in a supernatural TV show, dating *insert celebrity crush here*, and doing anything my heart desires. But is that what He has planned for me? Maybe. But clearly not right now.

So my dreams are big, and I think He encourages dreams. Hope you have dreams - something to shoot for. But my dreams have changed exponentially over and over again - actor, theatre historian, Greek life coordinator, Dean of Students, etc. (That last one I'm really starting to long for.) But I need to start trusting more in God to put me on the right path. My dreams can be His dreams, too. I just need to start searching for Him - He is my new dream. And the dreams of life will fall into place.

Bonus: here's a #tbt picture of my puppy when we first got home. I love this dog more than most things, and I probably half my heart is reserved for him. Don't know what I would do without him. Love Duke.



So the Veronica Mars movie comes out tonight at midnight.

I don't have anyone to go with.

I'm planning on going Saturday morning, by myself. That's okay. Times like these I long for Texas and my friends.

I'm going to Texas again at the end of April, but that feels so far away. I wish I had people here that understood "nerd Maggie" like I did in college. I think I'll find some, but I know it takes time. By the time I find them, though, will I be moving on to the next stage of my life?

The next weekend the Divergent movie comes out. And boy am I stoked! I can't wait to see it - Theo James is fine, and I'm excited to see him on the big screen. Again, I'll probably see that one by myself on Saturday morning. Why isn't there a movie theater that allows dogs? Duke would love to come.

Insurgent: I have 66 pages left, and the third book won't be coming in the mail until next week. Crying. I need to slow down so I don't have withdrawals in between books, but I just CAN'T! The way Veronica Roth gives you little tidbits of information while filling in holes and feeding you wonderful and heart wrenching Tobias/Tris scenes is amazing. Authors have magical powers. It's a fact.

Lastly, I have an exciting new goal I've set for myself! I want to read at least 5 books a month, starting now. I read 4 in January, skipped February, and now I'm on the second book of March. I think I can do it, even with work, so I'm really excited. I'm going to be updated my books I've read, so be on the lookout for a Books of 2014 page!

No comments:

Post a Comment