Tuesday, March 11, 2014

sunny with a high of snow? oh no.

Yesterday was my favorite day in a long time. It was warm, sunny, and I was wearing a tank top and leggings, sitting outside with my dog, reading the second book in the Divergent series, Insurgent. It was spectacular.

It's supposed to snow today. Snow, snow, GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK! Growing up in Mississippi, you think I would enjoy the snow, as I never saw it much. But now I've seen plenty - and heaven knows I am very tired of scraping my car.

But nonetheless, it's already been a great week. Work is fun - no craziness, and I've watched a lot of good TV and read some good books.

And I've been talking to God more. Why haven't I done that in a long time? I'm thanking Him more. He really is responsible for everything in my life. Why don't I acknowledge that more? My recent life change is, as I said, very recent. But I've already noticed an impact - my thoughts are elsewhere, my heart is elsewhere, and my life is no longer still. It's on fire, it's moving. I'm feeling like I'm in my sophomore year of college again, enjoying life as a nerd and a Jesus lover. What more do I need? God is good, God is great, and so are YA novels and CW/MTV shows. (As well as HBO's Band of Brothers, but I'll get into that later.)

It feels good to be this Maggie again. Not that I wasn't myself for the past year and half - I was definitely myself, in a different way. Nerd Maggie is a great Maggie, and it's one that I embrace wholeheartedly. I was afraid for a while to be who I was - am I high school again? - and I'm not anymore.

Yes, I'm going to live tweet Teen Wolf on Monday nights.

Yes, I'm going to talk about the YA novels I read on my blog and also on my Twitter.

Yes, basically my Twitter is going to be full of things that most people don't enjoy. But hey, I'm me. and that's where I stand.



Star Crossed: Wow. Can I just say - hit me with your best shot. Yesterday I was finally hooked to the new CW show. Don't get me wrong, Matt Lanter and Grey Damon hooked me from the start. But I finally find myself invested. The Atrians (the alien race that landed on Earth in 2014) and the humans fought together over a swim meet. A SWIM MEET. Sports make me want to cry often - I have a lot of feelings about sports. And then it happened - sports will bring people together.

They referenced Jackie Robinson. I'm really enjoying the way they are handling the racism of the Atrians and the humans. Definitely a great show to watch. It was mindless at first, just a show to watch for the cute boys, but now I'm actually enjoying the content!

Teen Wolf: I still haven't quite processed last night's episode, as a lot happened. But I enjoyed this episode so much more than the past two. It wasn't a bunch of filler, and really exciting things happened. Scott and Lydia had to work together (finally, best day ever), and Allison and Kira teamed up to make a fantastic lady killer team. What more could I ask for?

I'm starting to doubt my speculation that Allison will be the one to die at the end of this episode, but I'm still set on Malia being an integral part of the next two episodes. At least I hope so - give me more Shelley Hennig on my screen any day.

So yeah, Teen Wolf is Teen Wolf, and I still love it. Scott McCall is a gift.

Insurgent: 200 pages in, and I'm dying already. It's fantastic and I've been sucked in already. I'm hoping later on in the book we get more Dauntless working together, because that's my favorite part of the whole "faction" system, even if it is somewhat corrupt. They're still for each other - kind of like a Greek organization. You may not be the biggest fan of one of your sisters/brothers, but if they're in a crisis, you're there for them. Faction over blood, Sisterhood over everything else.

Excited to read more tonight, and I've already ordered the third book! (I've heard I'll be heartbroken at the end, and secretly I'm really excited for the emotional flip flop in my life. Who am I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment