Monday, March 3, 2014

Sing 2014

Thank goodness for Baylor's All-University Sing.

This past weekend I was able to travel back to the wonderful city of Waco to see my friends and other students perform in the campus wide masterpiece - Sing.

Alpha Tau Omega - "Scotland the Brave" - Third Place
After watching the show twice, I was insured of my desire to work with college students on something just like Sing, which I believe is an outlet that everyone should be plugging into.

As I was said to Jason Young, the genius behind the music of Sing, I believe that Sing isn't something that should be hogged by Baylor. The extravagance, the competition, and the group work that goes into something that has a $14,000 budget is an experience that I believe every college student should experience at least once.

So many other schools have programs like Sing, but they are no where near the size of Baylor's performance. That is something I wish to change.

Alpha Chi Omega - "O Sister, Where Art Thou?" - Pigskin
Luckily, from a Christian standpoint, performing is such a powerful way to show God how much we love Him. At Baylor, sometimes the competition overshadows that fact that we are performing and doing everything for Him. It is an amazing opportunity for us to show the joy God brings to our hearts and minds every day, and it should be viewed this way more.

So how can I possibly extend the magnificence that is Sing to other schools in the nation? I haven't figured it out yet, but I am for sure going to try my very best.


On the lineup tonight: Star Crossed, 7pm, CW; Teen Wolf, 8pm, MTV
Today's viewings: I finally finished season 3 of Veronica Mars, and let me just say - what was that ending?? Give me more, and thank goodness I get a movie in 11 days.

Veronica and Logan's love truly is epic, but what about the wonderful Stosh Piznarski? (Boy does he look good with a beat up face.) I'm excited to see what they give us in the movie, especially since so much time has passed.

But after watching the entire season, I'm sad that TV shows aren't as smart as Veronica Mars is today, or at least not any that are geared towards a "younger" audience. I enjoyed the smart aspect of the show, but especially since I could also enjoy the glory that is Jason Dohring. Good thing I decided to watch this show; the movie will be a wonderful thrill of a ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment